Saturday 14 November 2015

WE ARE ON THE CONSTRUCTION LIST!!!!!! - Last post for pre-construction

WE ARE ON THE CONSTRUCTION LIST!!!!!!  IT WILL START WITHIN 20 DAYS!

Finally!!!!

We had couple of delays with the approvals:
- council approval, because the officer was on annual leave.....
- construction certificate (by private certifier), due to incorrect council name mentioned on the paper work..

It took 8 weeks in total (including 1 week of developer approval). Due to this, we went over the 180 days tender period for several days. If there is only to do with MJH, no additional charge will be applied.

I have been updating my own excel log, recording all events and $ during the whole process. It helps me to track both my finace and the build.

I wiped the names and $ for confidentiality reasons, but below is how it looks like. Also, I created few tab for budgets - colour, electrical, furniture and appliances to be purchased. This helps me to work out how much $ we need to save up and to cut down the items which can wait.

Similarly, there is a separate log I created for finance. Comparison of different banks who offers different rates, charge different fees, etc. As well as a timeline same to below.


Last but not least, the grass (if any) on the land needs to be at ankle height. It doesn't need to be good look, but it needs to be short.

before

after


That's all we have for pre-construction. Let's get the construction started!

2 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to us with the council person being on annual leave! Good luck with the build!

    ReplyDelete